Sing Song
I'm sure most of you have heard what happened at Sing Song.
First, the girls were AWESOME. I illegally recorded them on my camera (it only takes 60 sec clips and doesn't zoom, but you can tell how awesome they sound!)
Initially, it was announced this way:
Vocals: 3rd - GATA 2nd - Kojies 1st - AkaiO
Overall: 3rd - Kojies 2nd- Siggies 1st AkaiO
They got onstage and sang our song, many crying. Look at their faces.






About 30 minutes after the show ended, there was an announcement that a judging error had occurred. People started coming back into Moody from the track. People in charge told Mandy (the director) that there's been some error in calculating the scores. About 45 minutes later, they announced it this way:
Vocals: 3rd - Kojies 2nd - AkaiO 1st - Siggies
Overall: 3rd - Kojies 2nd - AkaiO 1st - Siggies
Our girls had gathered together in one section, and although they of course were upset and crying, they took it very well. I saw nobody being tacky - well actually I did, but it wasn't one of our girls.
The Frats came over and sang to them, and one of the girls reminded everyone that people are watching their reaction, so be gracious, which they were.
The man who announced the second set of results said the judging sheets would be released to the Optimist, so we'll see.
No matter what the judges said, our girls gave the best performance I have ever seen!
First, the girls were AWESOME. I illegally recorded them on my camera (it only takes 60 sec clips and doesn't zoom, but you can tell how awesome they sound!)
Initially, it was announced this way:
Vocals: 3rd - GATA 2nd - Kojies 1st - AkaiO
Overall: 3rd - Kojies 2nd- Siggies 1st AkaiO
They got onstage and sang our song, many crying. Look at their faces.






About 30 minutes after the show ended, there was an announcement that a judging error had occurred. People started coming back into Moody from the track. People in charge told Mandy (the director) that there's been some error in calculating the scores. About 45 minutes later, they announced it this way:Vocals: 3rd - Kojies 2nd - AkaiO 1st - Siggies
Overall: 3rd - Kojies 2nd - AkaiO 1st - Siggies
Our girls had gathered together in one section, and although they of course were upset and crying, they took it very well. I saw nobody being tacky - well actually I did, but it wasn't one of our girls.
The Frats came over and sang to them, and one of the girls reminded everyone that people are watching their reaction, so be gracious, which they were.
The man who announced the second set of results said the judging sheets would be released to the Optimist, so we'll see.
No matter what the judges said, our girls gave the best performance I have ever seen!

6 Comments:
Wow, thank you so much for posting all of that! I was on the verge of tears at work listening to how amazing they sound. No matter what the judging said, our girls were amazing. I'm so sorry I missed it. I miss you all so much!
They did sound awesome! I, like Lori, teared up while listening to their vocals. I met a lady yesterday in a gas station with an ACU t-shirt on and she told me all about the controversy. Her daughter is a Siggie and she said the Siggies said it was a bittersweet victory. I am so proud of everyone and what this club has become. Anyone want to go back to college?
i do!! They sounded awesome and I'm so impressed with how well they did. Thanks for posting all of that kara and especially for the 'illegal' video. :)
Emily, Jenny and I were getting shivers in the stands as we watched their show.
Oh, and I forgot to say that when the first results were announced (that said we won) the guys clubs gave a standing ovation.
Yes, I was almost in tears as well. We have come so far from the little green faced Aliens!! Beautiful, just beautiful!!
Thanks Kara....I am so sad I wasn't there, but i have been wondering ALL WEEKEND!!!
Kara..Great illegal video...I as well was there and so impressed with our girls. I also want everyone to know. I have a friend and her daughter is a Siggie...she apologized to me for the way that some of them were acting...she also said that her daughter was embarassed at how many of her sisters were acting and wished they would have left us first!!! I also have to say how proud I am of the girls for the way they handled this...it was much better than how even some of us alumni were acting...we were pretty upset. That is like messing with your child!!!! Well I have to say that our club is still pretty awesome!! I miss everyone so much and hope everyone is doing well!
Post a Comment
<< Home