Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Kai O Gala

Calling all Kai Os.

I was brainstorming and thought how fun it would be to have a party the weekend of Homecoming. Kinda like a formal (or semi-formal) for us "grown-ups." I was thinking probably that Saturday night. It would be a fun time to get all dressed up and spend time together.

We could rent a banquet room and get all dressed up (my favorite part) and eat little hor'douvres . I thought that we could invite the current Kai Os and pledges but not charge them because they are already spending so much money during pledging. And a portion of the price of the tickets we can donate to The March of Dimes.

This is just to see if anyone would be interested. It would cost about the same as tickets to formal (minus the tee shirt, of course) This is just a rough estimate, it depends on how many people can come. Since we always seem to be the pioneers on campus, i think it would be a great opportunity to start a new unique tradition.

Let me know what you think. You can email me at emily_m_owen@yahoo.com or just leave a comment on this blog.

I love ya'll and miss you all!!!

Emily

5 Comments:

Blogger gayle said...

Not sure if I can come, but that sounds like a really fun time!

No boys!! : )

Gayle

5:22 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Young said...

I'd be in, I think - obviously depending on life situations when the time came - but I think it's a great idea nonetheless!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

I think it's a fabulous idea Emily! now you can be the alumi social chair!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Travis & Jeri Tidmore said...

That sounsd fun to me. But, only if my husband can come! :-)

But, since we live in California it may be difficult for us to even make it. :-(

3:54 PM  
Blogger Allison Connor said...

Sounds like fun to me! Great idea!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home